Professional Diploma in Counselling - IACP ACCREDITED
Our three-year part-time training course is accredited by the IACP since 1997. We continually explore innovative ways of training, stay up to date with developments in the field and the quality of our course is well recognised.
Becoming a professional counsellor is a serious, complex and enjoyable endeavour. As counselling is a complex and important practice our training is designed to ensure our practitioners learn each of the key elements of:
- Self-awareness and reflection
- Professional standards and processes
- Legal requirements
- Importance of continued professional development
The Diploma in Counselling is a core training course for people wishing to undertake the practice of professional counselling. As such it supports the trainee in learning to work with the complex balance of elements required by the practice.
The focus is advanced personal growth for the trainee and learning the core conditions and criteria for the practice of counselling and psychotherapy. This will prepare the trainee for engaging in the field of counselling and therapeutic practice, with its focus on the therapeutic relationship which places the person-hood of the practitioner at its centre. In addition to these core-principles and approaches our introduction of CBT on to our course has significantly helped to enhance skills for our counsellors and clients.
Unfortunately we are no longer accepting applications this year:
If you would like further information on our course please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Michelle or Karl on 01-8484789
Advantages of our Diploma in Counselling
- A long and established history of delivering successful courses.
- Northside Counselling Service has an excellent reputation.
- Each tutor on the course is a highly experienced trainer and counsellor.
- Each tutor on our course has at least a Master’s level qualification in counselling/psychotherapy.
- Trainee counsellors do not have to source their own clients for their professional hours - they will work with Northside Counselling clients.
- Because our trainee counsellors work with our clients we ensure they have reached a high standard of competence and skill.
- Trainee counsellors while on the course will receive their supervision free from our own experienced team of supervisors.
- Our IACP supervisors have many years’ experience of working with and supporting counsellors during their training.
- Trainee counsellors are further supported by our very knowledgeable administration and reception staff.